Wednesday, October 12, 2016

More Bow Dies

Welcome back to another countdown day with Papertrey Ink for October. I'm still playing around with the Layered Gift Bow Die and it's sister product, Simple Bow Die. They certainly make quick projects come together for the holidays and beyond.

Simple Bow Dies by Papertrey Ink

I mentioned yesterday that these two new die sets work year around. Didn't take long for that to be something that was needed around this house when I had to make a card yesterday for my son's friend. I busted out Gifts of the Seasons and Ombre Birthday to create this simple card in shades of Green Parakeet, Orange Zest, and Hawaiian Shores. The Simple Bow Die is positioned to look like it is holding all those gifts together. 

Lots of beautiful detail in Simple Bow Dies by Papertrey Ink

A close up shot shows off all the details. This is another die set that comes in multiple pieces for layering, adding up to a fabulous realistic look. A square tag from Tiny Tags and stamped with the original Tiny Tags stamp set is tucked underneath, as if it was tied in.

Layered Gift Bows by Papertrey Ink

I wanted to bust out some of the little gift box dies that have been previously released and top them off with the Layered Gift Bow. For a fun experiment, I used the Luxe Silver and Luxe Gold adhesive sheets. FANTASTIC look, quite reminiscent of foil shapes and wrap from back in the 50's. 

Layered Gift Bow and Pillow Box Dies by Papertrey Ink

I used the Essential Pillow Box die here in Pure Poppy and before I assembled, I applied Fair Isle Borders in Versamark and dusted with a gold Perfect Pearls to match the shiny gold metallic of the Layered Bow. 

Vintage Favor Box and Layered Gift Bow Dies by Papertrey Ink

And I got to use the new Olive Twist cardstock to create a simple box using the Vintage Favor Box. I just left it plain and added a Layered Bow Die with the Luxe Silver Adhesive Paper. Very classy.

Just a head's up on the luxe adhesive paper. I find that the pressure of the die cutting machine can sort of "wear out" the adhesive a bit. It was still very useable on these applications, but I did find that I had to press it down harder to my project than I normal would have. My true test is always asking myself, "Would I do that again?" The answer here is definitely "yes". A little extra hassle was no big deal, especially for the pay off of the vintage look. Just giving ya'll a head's up. 

That's it for me today. I'll be back tomorrow. More inspiration can be found at Nichole's blog for the first group post day of the month. And remember that this and all the new products for October will be available on October 15, 2016 at 10 PM EST at www.papertreyink.com








1 comment:

  1. I love these--gorgeous done in the metallic cardstock!

    ReplyDelete